Recognised internationally as one of the world’s leading units for thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal gland surgery.
Dr. Meyer-Rochow gained his MB ChB from Otago Medical School in 1996. After completion of General Surgery specialist training in 2005 he was selected for sub-specialty training in Endocrine Surgery with the University of Sydney’s Endocrine Surgery unit, recognised internationally as one of the world’s leading units for thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal gland surgery. Dr. Meyer-Rochow has a particular interest and expertise in minimally invasive thyroid and parathyroid surgery and laparoscopic surgical techniques. In addition to his specialist and subspecialist qualifications he has also completed a medical doctorate in his area of subspecialty. Having had a personal experience with thyroid surgery Dr. Meyer-Rochow also has a particular insight into surgery from a patient’s perspective which is reflected by the exceptional care and excellent outcomes he provides for his patients.
With a background in General Surgery he also provides a wide range of General Surgery procedures. As an academic surgeon and senior lecturer at the University of Auckland, Dr. Meyer-Rochow is actively engaged in research and training of new surgeons, published numerous peer reviewed journal articles and regularly presents at Australasian and International surgical meetings. As a result he is at the cutting edge of evidence based treatment and new advancements in surgery.
Dr. Meyer-Rochow has a close working relationship with local and regional Endocrinologists to ensure optimal outcomes for patients treated with an endocrine disorder.
- MB ChB (Otago University) 1996
- FRACS Royal Australasian College of Surgeons 2005
- PhD University of Sydney 2007-2010
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery University of Otago 1996
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons 2005
- Head and Neck, Breast & Endocrine Fellowship Auckland Hospital 2005
- Australian Endocrine Surgery Fellowship (Sydney) 2006-2010
Positions & Memberships
- Consultant General and Endocrine Surgeon Waikato Hospital
- Consultant General and Endocrine Surgeon Braemar Hospital
- Deputy President Australia and New Zealand Endocrine Surgical Society
- Senior Lecturer, University of Auckland School of Medicine
- Member, Endocrine, General and Academic Surgery sections of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member, New Zealand Association of General Surgeons
- Member, Scientific Staff Council, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney
- Member University of Sydney Cancer Research Network
- Member, Association of Academic Surgery
- Member, International Society of Surgery
- Member, The Endocrine Society (American)
- Member, Australia and New Zealand Endocrine Surgical society
- Member, New Zealand National Thyroid Tumour standards committee
- Convener, Endocrine Surgery Section Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Convener, New Zealand Endocrine Surgery Meeting
The Kudos – Hamilton Science Excellence awards